Finding an easy, tasty summer dessert can be pretty tricky.
If you’re like me, you don’t want to mess up a ton of dishes making one batch of brownies or cookies.
Get ready for the easiest cherry cake you’ve ever seen in your life. All it takes is 4 ingredients and 3 hours and you’ve got yourself a cherry pie dump cake. I know, it sounds amazing, right?
This is the perfect dish for a summer potluck or just when you want something fresh and sweet! The best part about this recipe is that you can play around with the flavors to make it something you’ll just love.
What You’ll Need
- 1 large can of cherry pie filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
How You Make It
- Spray a 3.5 quart or larger slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread cherry pie filling on bottom of slow cooker.
- Next sprinkle entire box of yellow cake mix on top of filling.
- Drizzle melted butter over cake mix.
- Sprinkle the white chocolate chips (1 cup) over the butter.
- Put the lid on, and cook for 2½ to 3 hours on HIGH, or until set in the middle.
- Set slow cooker to warm until ready to serve.
- Ladle into bowls, and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Other flavor options:
- Chocolate Raspberry: chocolate cake mix and raspberry jam
- Apple Cinnamon: apple pie filling with cinammon chips
- PB+J: your favorite jam flavor with peanut butter chips
Will you be trying this recipe out? Let us know!